In order to attract more outstanding international students to study at Nanjing University of Science and Technology (NUST), Nanjing Government and NUST have jointly set up the scholarship program starting from 2014.
I. Types of Scholarships and the Number of Winning Students
Scholarship Explanation for PhD Student (download: 博士生奖学金解释英文版.doc)
Scholarship Explanation for Postgraduate Student (download: 硕士生奖学金解释英文版.doc)
Scholarship Explanation for Undergraduate Student (download: 本科生奖学金解释英文版.doc)
II. Categories and Duration
Bachelor Degree Students: 3--4 years
Master Degree Students: 2 years
Doctoral Degree Students: 3 years
Tuition and Accommodation Fee for 2013-2015 (download: Fees英文版2014.docx)
Degree Progams (download: 专业和学制英文版2014.docx)
*Note: The scholarship is applied for on a yearly basis. Scholarship student’s affairs are managed according to the relevant regulations of NJMG-NUST Joint Scholarship. Scholarship students must go through the Annual Review of the NJMG-NUST Joint Scholarship Status. Scholarship will be terminated if the student fails to fulfill the requirements.
III. When and How to Apply
Application deadline: May 31, 2014.
Applicants can submit the application materials (refer to section V below) to the School of International Education, Nanjing University of Science & Technology, by post mail or in person.
Date of Scholarship result: June 30, 2014
Notification: The result will be published on the university website AND sent to applicants via E-mail (please ensure your email address is correct). NUST will send the Admission Notice and JW202 form once we get the confirmation from winners by the email.
V. Application Documents
Applicants must provide the following documents (each in duplicate):
1. Application Form for Nanjing Municipal Government—Nanjing University of Science & Technology Joint Scholarship Program for International Student (download: Application form2014.doc) filled in Chinese or in English.
2. Photocopy of the applicant's passport.
3. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students, they must also provide documents showing their status as university students or School Transfer Certificate. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translation in Chinese or in English.
4. Applicants for doctoral studies need to provide notarized copies of their undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
Applicants for master degree studies need to provide notarized copies of their undergraduate transcripts.
Applicants for bachelor degree studies need to provide notarized copies of their high school transcripts.
Note: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translation in Chinese or English.
5. Applicants for graduate studies need a study or research proposal in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words).
6. Applicants for graduate studies need two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (in Chinese or English). Letters must include professors’ phone number and email address.
7. Published academic papers or other academic achievements (if applicable).
8. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (download: PHYSICAL EXAMINATION RECORD FOR FOREIGNER体检表.doc) (printed by Chinese quarantine authority). Applicants are expected to keep the original copies filled in English. The medical examination must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration as they plan to take the medical examination.
9. Applicants for graduate are encouraged to contact their prospective supervisors prior to application and are expected to enclose in their application packages with the Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by NUST Professor (download: Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by NUST Professor南京理工大学教授接收外国留学生意向表.doc).
Note: Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result.
1. The scholarship is applied for on a yearly basis. Scholarship student affairs are managed according to the relevant regulations of NJMG-NUST Joint Scholarship. Scholarship students must go through the Annual Review of the NUST-NJG Joint Scholarship Status.
2. The School of International Education, Nanjing University of Science & Technology，is responsible for the interpretation of the scholarship granting procedures and regulations.
School of International Education
Mailing Address: 210094，200 Xiao Ling Wei, Nanjing City, Jiangsu Province，P. R. China